Friday, July 8, 2011

Now going.

I've started this shrug Enchanted Shrug by Grace Mcewen featured in  The Knitter #19. I think I read somewhere that the pattern was easy to grasp.....umm..... is it......well it's not difficult but I have to refer to the written instructions all the time.
So I'm asking myself if I'll have the patience to finish it as I am only 1/3 of the way, well almost, when I thought I would be nearly finished!  I think it will be awful tempting just to make a short sleeve version, I shall try and persevere.



To take a break from the knitting, I recycled some 'bric a brac' I had lying around into a wind chime.  I had some copper coloured beads which I used to make a bracelet to fit the mini pot, this is where the drops were attached. Then used gut line and hoops and glassy rectangles from belts for the drops..





I managed to get my hands on some wool in the charity shop..... this is a rare find!.....So having knitted x amount of socks for the mister last year and him managing to put holes in every pair....sigh......... I decided to crochet a pair, I mean they are supposed to last longer surely?? We'll see! Anyway I used this pattern which was pretty quick in Aran yarn I think I used about 200g almost for the pair.  So with one done and straight onto the feet, I have to make another in between all the other things that I have on the go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.