Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Decoupage?

Believe it or not I don't own a flower vase. The last bunch I was given went into a coffee jar which I wrapped with the coloured paper the flowers came with.
I've taken a liking to the 3d decoupage that you normally see on cards or note books. I'm clueless how to do it properly, but I found some images I liked printed them out 3 times and cut away. 

Ok so back to the coffee jar, I also got it a friend.... an empty gherkin jar. Well I knew when I did one I would want to try another! 

So I had some corrugated card salvaged from a gift box which I cut to size for the toppers... lets call them that for ease. I arranged the butterfly bits and glued the whole one to the card, then used small bits of tape to attach the next two layers, I repeated this with the fairy.
Next I found some background images I liked and made them into a printable border for the jars. Once printed and cut I used that sticky back plastic to protect them and stick them around each jar. Glued the toppers in place. Now I have two decorative jars that can be used for a number of things...... including the next floral gift I might receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.