Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dog Lover has a whole new meaning now..........

Ok whilst on my search for a suitable image to put on the front of my disk of knitting patterns, I came across this book.
Now it doesn't sound very appealing to make a sweater out of dog hair does it?  It made me think back to when I had a dog, she was a collie cross, to be honest the vet thought she was like a bag of allsorts. 
She had this remarkable white speckled coat which was so soft and fluffy, it would have been perfect  for spinning, I think.
We used to dread the time of year when it was time to cast..... I could have stuffed a few pillowcases every-time she got brushed.  come to think of it the rabbit could have contributed to the mix too.

I think I really missed a good opportunity back then, if only I'd had the time and the interest in that side of being a knitter!!  Although I don't know what the dog would have to say about it.....lol

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, we have a labrador, why they call them short haired I don't know because when it comes to moulting he loses so much hair I oul have knit a full length coat

    ReplyDelete

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.