Friday, September 30, 2011

Boot Update 2


I've finished the first complete boot at last, I have to say I can't wait to get the second on done. They will be ready for my winter ice-block feet just in time I think, oh and they are so cosy too, with that nice thick sole I should be as warm as toast.

I'm really pleased with the finished result this time as it is a really snug fit and I'm not losing the soles when I walk.  Like I said previously I took 10sts out from each piece. I did work a row or two to join the two pieces together so that it would be easier to sew to the soles. I also stitched up the sides about 3 inches at the bottom. Then I crocheted up the edges adding 4 loops for the ties on each side.  I was lazy on the ties too, I just doubled the yarn and used a 4mm hook and chained a length for the laces

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.