Thursday, September 22, 2011

Winter Aran Slipper Boots

I started this pattern a couple of evenings ago and have reached the point where I have to join the back and front, although I'm not ready for that just yet.  
Today was a flying visit to Penneys for fleece and with a bit of hope, something to do the soles.  I came out with this gorgeous paisley fleece for the lining and found espadrilles in the mens dept for a euro, plan just to use the soles.
I'm already wishing I had a glue gun, but I think I will be able to sew it all together.......actually I'm wondering if I was wise to tackle this, since I just looked at the photos and thought I want to do that ...... thinking they would be a lot like a sock.........duh not!!  But could be!  Anyway I have a rough idea of what comes next in the knit part and how it's all going to go together....supposedly.  That will require a good day and a clear head.

In the meantime I'm just going to knit up the second one whilst I think about it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.