Monday, October 11, 2010

Winter Woolies

Well it's that time of year again, where the days are getting shorter. This time it seemed to me that it came all of a sudden.
I've been making some knitted bits n pieces to keep warm this winter, as I nearly froze during the last deep freeze....lol....... none of us are used to long cold spells.  I'm trying to be a little better prepared, just in case it happens again.
So far I've crocheted up a hat, scarf and mittens with leftover wool I was given. the hat pattern can be found on Garnstudio.com and Ravelry. The scarf and mittens I made up as I went along, I got some fab buttons from Jumbletown.ie so added them to the scarf. 
I've just finished the second pair of socks for himself, lol.... despite the groovy colour, he has put in an order for more but will have to wait until our monthly trip into town. In the meantime I will be getting to grips with an Aran cardigan for him.
I managed to get a pair of socks done for myself in between it all, out of scraps leftover from other projects and wool that was given to me....... for some reason I suffer from what I call cold feet & hand syndrome, I'm sure there is a medical term for it too!  These were knitted from the toe up which was a totally new experience for me. The pattern is from the book called "Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy D. Johnson". I found this a really good book for sock knitting, nice designs and easy to follow.

I started this Babydoll crochet top using some of the chenille I got recently, however it has had to take a back seat for the time being. Well let's face it I'm not likely to wear it in the winter and I had to do a few modifications to get it to fit. But it is such a gorgeous design. The pattern was in Interweave Crochet Spring 2008, or the book Crochet Me: Designs to Fuel the Crochet Revolution by Kim Werker. 
If you decide to tackle it, my advice is to work the bodice in one piece, unless you are a genius at seamless joining........not me that's for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.