Saturday, October 16, 2010

Storage Rolls

I suppose everyone is like me and just has a collection of knitting needles and crochet hooks bunched together.  So when the time comes to use them, we have to rummage and hope that nothing is lost or misplaced!!

OK,OK some of you will be organized. The best way to describe me is that I have an organized mess.......LOL........but I know where everything is!
I recently made an organizer for all my stuff (pic on right), it took me a while to figure out how to make it but I got there in the end. I'm tempted to make a more 'ditsy' one.
A colleague asked me to make her a crochet hook case with room for the bigger hooks that she planned to get. I have to admit, I was a bit worried that I might make the pockets too small for all her hooks, so I used the few I had myself to guide me. The fabric came from the stash and I was really pleased with how it turned out, obviously since it was for some-one else I took extra care to get everything aligned ....... something I don't pay enough attention to when making for myself!!  Thankfully she was delighted with it and I could breathe a sigh of relief.
Of course you can apply the principle to other things too. I decided that the spanner set needed a new look, something a bit more practical and easy to find in the boot.  Made from leftover oilcloth and I think I lined it with a bit of thick fabric too, so that it would be more sturdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.