Monday, April 16, 2018

Puffin hats

So after an eager wait for the Drops yarn to arrive, it was time to pattern draft.  I had made up the charts, but now had to put it all together for an earflap hat.  I wish I had the sense to write out the patterns as I go, but I just pop it onto the needles and off I go, always hoping for the best.

I wanted some waves around the bottom and had planned on some green grass too, but that couldn't fit into the design as it was, maybe I could have shrunk the puffins more.


I Swiss darned Puffin motifs, rather than try and carry all that yarn around the inside. Then lined with a lightweight fleece for added warmth and finished with multi coloured tassels.




Beautifully soft 4 ply yarn with a blend of 45% Alpaca, 30% Polyamide and 25% Wool.  I have plenty left over and can't decide whether to horde it or make socks.



These are currently listed in my Esty store, however I am planning a revamp later, the postal charges have risen yet again and it's not viable to run my store in the current format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.