Monday, April 16, 2018

Frame upcycling

So I picked this up today for €1 in the charity shop and it's full of beans/peas/lentil.  However it is just what I need for my DIY project.  Currently it has zero appeal to me, although I can imagine it in somebodys kitchen.


So with all my beach walks with the dog, I'm forever picking up bits, shells, pebbles, seaweeds that catch my eye.  Not like there's a load of it on the sand, except kelp after a storm.




I gave it a blue card background and chose a selection of stones and shells that I had.  I glued them all into place in the end - I tried that double sided sticky foam, but they just fell off eventually.
I left it like that until Aldi got chalk paint in, which happened to be about 2 week after.  So then I had a mad frame painting session.  I had 4 frames from almost 2 decades ago, you know, when the brown ones with a gold inside edge was all the rage. 


So five frames to get a revamp, I finished them off with some lavender furniture wax that I have in.  Nice to see it finally came in useful.


Sorry it's a bit hazy, but it goes well in the bathroom with the puffins and the Kingfisher.  Both from EweSir.ie







No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.