Thursday, January 25, 2018

Look what Dropped in

My creative brain is in overdrive, so therefore I have to get some of it out before I have a crash....lol

So many ideas but no yarn to create.  Time to go yarn hunting then.  Apparently I was in time for Drops Alpaca party yarn sale..... yay!  I bought their NORD yarn as it was the only one with the colours required.   At the same time I stumbled upon Drops interchangeable needles on sale.  I've been wanting interchangeable knitting needles for ages now to replace the cheap rubbish circular needles I got off ebay years ago.  


This time I used the Wool Warehouse in the UK for my order (might as well make the most of it before Brexit).  They have a great range of yarns and good prices to match. (compared to Ireland).  No doubt I'll be popping back again as the wish list is growing again.

So what are these colours for?  Well I'm going to make some earflap hats with Puffins on them.  With the yarn being so thin (sock yarn) I'm going to put a fleece lining in there too.  Maybe this time I will actually write the pattern as I knit it for a change.

Of course now that I've charted puffins, my mind is going onto other designs...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.