Thursday, January 25, 2018

Neck Poncho

So with all the celebrations over and the days almost flying past, my best friends birthday decides to sneak up on me yet again!  Not that I have forgotten since it's the same day as my dads would be, just that I've been so wrapped up in just getting through the days (joys of chronic pain and insomnia).
Now since I can't drag my sorry bag of bones around the shops, and my friend said she was going to the same online store to get herself something, I had to come up with something else!



She had been browsing Pinterest and seen a scarf that she thought was really cool.  I liked the concept of construction but not the pattern on it.  I knew I would be able to make it easily enough, as it wasn't rocket science to knit the pattern.  However I wanted to get an interesting stitch pattern to make it more attractive.

So With my Super Chunky yarn in a lovely purple colour and my big bamboo knitting needles, I set to work on her scarf.  I tried a diamond quilting stitch, but that didn't work.  Then I did a Fractured  Lattice stitch and that worked great.  At the end I even had yarn left to add tassels.



It arrived on the day of her birthday and she was over the moon with delight about it.  Plus they have had snow for a few days, so the timing is perfect.  This one is super cosy, I might make another in a lighter yarn for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.