Saturday, February 18, 2017

Wrong Turn, Great View

Not so much as a wrong turn, more a 'what's down this road?' moment.  In which I discovered the local jetty or slipway, as we call it back home.


Tide was in on this occasion and freezing cold, thanks to the wind chill factor.  However it was dry, so less chance of slipping.  But my fingers had stopped functioning within minutes!



This view is the reason I returned with the camera.  The rock formations are amazing! Ok I love the sea, what can I say.  I grew up right beside the Atlantic ocean.


Now, I also got a really cool surprise with a plaque on the wall, beside a natural hole.  I have no idea as to why it's up there yet.  Perhaps it is Lir god of the sea?  I just have to share it with you.




And finally a boat and a couple of, I don't know what they are called.  But presume that they are used to move the boats down the slipway into the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.