Sunday, February 12, 2017

The butterly, charm & owls

A friends birthday was coming up, normally I don't make a thing out of it.  However this year, having being reminded of the date and picked up a little sparkly gift, I decided to put the effort in.  Not easy to find focus when you're on meds and have chronic pain to manage, whilst still waiting to find out what is wrong.

I have so many 'bits' saved to make cards, when the inspiration hits.  That I tend to forget how much there really is stashed away, until I go rummage.   Most of the bits used here, were sitting in the desk drawer and the owl paper saved from something I was sent a while ago.


 So some crumpled tissue paper, cerise ribbon, a heart charm (link from a bracelet), a pretty card image and some butterflies punched from silver card, from a Nag Champa Incense box (yes they are still scented).  Turned into the individual card above.


I decided to do something completely different inside the card.  I had intended to handwrite inside, but my writing and concentration is a bit shaky.  I think it's important to provide each other with positivity, as now and then we all need a little boost to our mental health.




 
I love that owl tissue paper!  I've been trying to figure out how to use it and who to give it to for a while.  Of course it would have been better paired with one of my owl cards, but I still have a bit left so can do that later for someone else.  The gift was sparkly by the way, hence the line inside the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.