Saturday, January 28, 2012

Baking Day

After a few days of complaints that I'm being a little laxy daisy when it comes to baking these days, I decided to bake 3 cakes today. Two of which were wheat free and it's the first time I've tried to convert these recipes.
I thought that since I was having a motivated day....... this is usually a good sign, that things would go well. It would appear that I was right as the carrot cake, pictured left, was a success. I like it just as it is and find it sweet enough. I used to used the white Betty Crocker icing for the frosting, back in the day when I worked in a cafe.  I can safely claim this recipe as my own now.
Next up was the ginger cake, another wheat free conversion of my mums old faithful recipe. It also appears to have turned out well, although I think it was in the oven a tad too long, but we'll see in a few days if it goes as moist as the wheat version.

Of course these were so that I could eat them too, however I made the usual weekly Madeira cake too for the man in my life, he just loves it.   The only thing with all this baking is that you have to wait for it all to cool down!!  And with the fabulous aroma floating through the house to torment you that is not an easy task at all!
The Madeira cake recipe is from Nigella Lawson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.