Friday, December 3, 2010

Pile up

Well I don't like digging out the sewing machine just for one thing so generally what I do is start a "to sew" pile and when there are 2-3 things, that is when I dig out and dust off my sewing machine.
Yesterday, that said pile was starting to niggle away at me as to when I would be tackling it. So I got to work with all my clothing repairs, a seam here, a hem there etc. Since things were going smoothly I decided to tackle converting a half slip that I was given into a full slip, so I would have something to wear under my new dresses and since they are just above the knee length this seemed like a good solution.
So what I did was removed the elastic from the front part, placed ribbon folded over the edge, sewed in place and added more ribbon for straps. Then I decided that I would need some shape to the new waist area so after chalking, pinning and trying it on, I sewed and cut the excess. I'm pleased enough with the results and it's basic but serves it's purpose, especially under the wrap dress which was a bit too revealing for my liking! 
I have 2 more to transform, but have decided to use lace trim across the top, so it's off to Ebay and see what available......... what would I do without Ebay!!!
After finishing all that sewing and putting everything away.... guess what?.......... yep I saw the corner of another thing that needed sewn buried under knitting patterns!!!!  :op

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.