Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas is coming.......if you hadn't noticed!

With all the snow everybody has but me, I decided to make some decorative bows for the tree. As much as I'd love a real tree I won't be getting one unless it's potted with roots and can be planted out after christmas is over.
It would be nice if there was a scheme that you purchase such a tree and if you take it back in good shape you get a certain percentage refunded. At least that way it would be environmentally friendly.
So I took delivery of the fake tree yesterday, the red berry lights 2 days before that and bought gold baubles at the beginning of the week. So far it's been a very small budget, I'm guessing €30 will be the max. I'm only having a tree this year as it's just the two of us.

So I picked up some decorative ribbon in Lidl this week, perfect gold and red to match my colour scheme. I got 15 bows out of 5m, even re-purposed the spool into a top hat for Teddy!! Teddy does not look amused...lol!
Now it's time to think about the tree topper, perhaps a Santa??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.