Monday, November 22, 2010

Baking Wheat-free? bread ....

Baking Wheat-free bread is not as easy as I thought it would be, guess I just have to tamper with a few different recipes.   I tried a soda bread with wheat-free flour and it it reminded me of a pale cow pat!...lol

Well at least it was edible even though it wouldn't win any prizes for beauty.  I won't be trying it again as my sense of smell can't handle the buttermilk..... eeeewwwyy.

Attempt 2. Spelt bread. OK so it's a form of wheat but easier to digest. Well so far I've been having flat-breads and I'm quite happy with them. But sometimes you just want a BLT.... well I crave them now and again.
I tried the recipe that came on the packet but omitted the honey.... this is something that I cannot acquire the taste for.... and reduced the water as I thought it too wet. Joy.... I got something that looked like and tasted like bread.  Only problem is that it doesn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.