Thursday, November 18, 2010

Crochet top finished at last

Hooray!!
I've been working on knitwear for the last month or so. And have recently taught myself how to crochet. I finally finished the crochet top I mentioned in a previous post, using chenille yarn. It took a while and was hibernating for a bit too, as I had socks and an Aran cardi (in progress) on the go at the same time.
I turned out quite well, but if I made it again I would definitely do it differently. Crocheting the bodice in one piece and making it a bit longer. The skirt part I would also modify to be looser.
I have tried to get a decent photo but can't quite get the right shot yet, maybe I've got an off camera day ;o)  I think I will try and find similar yarn to the one asked for in the pattern and make it again as a dress, this was a good dummy run!
I can't decide whether or not to line the skirt part, or just wear a cami under it, I'll see what I can find and have a good think on it!
Finally got a half decent shot, I think....lol...... have decided to make a cami, just waiting for the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.