Monday, November 8, 2010

Pincushion or Storage?

Since I caught a good doze of creative bug earlier in the year, I've been trying to organise all the things I wanted to make and looking for new things to try.  I'm starting to think that a glue gun might be a worthwhile investment!

I saw this idea in a UK magazine where they were priced at £48 [Overpriced]. Then I stumbled on it again recently and decided to have a go at making my own.
First you cut a circle larger than the lid, stuff it, stitch and draw closed enough to fit the lid. Glue the cushion to the lid around the edges, Then make a decorative border or use a pretty ribbon [haven't any] handstitch the seam, slip over and glue in place.

There you have a multi purpose Pincushion/storage jar, for beads, buttons etc...
This one has beads in it, you could do the same with a tin, I'm trying to decide the best way to store my sorted buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.