Thursday, August 30, 2018

Give the Bees a helping hand

It's that time of year that the bees are out and busy.  However they sometimes need a little help from us humans.
Last year I saw far too many exhausted bees on the roadside and it's not like I can carry a load of lids and sugary water with me (as much as I would like to).  I'd probably get reported for littering the main road - the irony of that, considering the amount or rubbish there is out there!
Anyway a while back, I found a bee on the front lawn when I came back from walking the dog.  It was completely exhausted. 



I quickly went inside to fetch a lid and sugared water for the poor thing.  As you can see it crawled up on the dandelion as I was putting the dish out, so I put a few drops on the flower head and left it to it.
It did the job, as there was no sign of the bee later when I fetched the dish.

We really don't want to lose the Bees from the planet.  So plant a pot of flowers in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.