Sunday, June 10, 2018

Papa Bear

I bought some luxury faux fur, gosh that stuff is pricey.  But oh my goodness it's so soft and cuddly!!  I spent way too much time stroking it...hahahaa
On a more serious note, you do not want to drop a stitch when knitting with this stuff.  I can vouch that this is a nightmare if it happens.   Now I've wanted to knit a teddy bear for ages..... really I have.  I started one in primary school and never finished it, of course that is well over 3 decades ago now, but still I want to say I knitted a bear and a nice one too.


May I present Papa Bear!  So he's a bit lopsided looking, but oh you could hug him forever, he's so soft.  I used safety eyes, toy stuffing and made a cute bow tie which has little pandas on it.  so he's a little dapper guy.  The nose is from spare DK yarn I had in my stash.



I've put him up in my Etsy store for now, not sure anyone will buy him as he was quite expensive to make.

I was going to make a purple one too, but changed my mind and am keeping it.  I may use it with Harris Tweed as I have 2 shades of purple fabric to use up.  Maybe some fur trimmed bags?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.