Saturday, January 28, 2017

Cable knit mini Aran Poncho

So this started off as a jumper, only it turned out too small for me with all the cables.  So rather than unravel the whole thing, I continued until I had a rectangle of about 33 inches long.  I made another the same size.  Then sewed the sides together and picked up stitches along one outside edge for ribbing, repeated on the other side.

It's got a V neck and since I had no pattern for the whole thing, I just made it up as I went along (not even writing it down).  For the neck I picked up the middle 3 stitches, working back and forth adding 2 stitches at each side until I thought it high enough, at which point I then did the same on the other side, but at the end picked up stitches on the shoulder and knit in the round for a few rows, so that it rolls over.

If you would like to give it a go the pattern is available to buy on Ravelry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.