Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sewing cards

I stumbled across an article ages ago where you sew fabric shapes onto card.  It popped back to the forefront of my mind this afternoon and I thought I'd do a dummy run.  I was thinking of doing a birthday card this way, but for this tester I decided on an Easter theme.  I fused interfacing onto fabric then cut out the shapes, then sewed the wing on first, after which I stitched the bird onto the card.  I just glued the eggs on as they were to fiddle to do on the machine.  Added a few blades of grass and the legs and of course the message.
I'm thinking this is something you should do with tri-fold cards to hide the stitching, in this case I cut and glued paper to the inside.

I have to say I rather like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.