Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shawl


I have this big cone of green yarn which I'm trying to put a dent in, but so far it doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.  I know it has but theres still loads of it left.
The latest project is the Laminaria shawl by Elizabeth Freeman. This is my first ever shawl and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.  It looks like I'll have to get a blocking mat because I've never had to do that until recently and have just used the steam iron,  which is not ideal but it is ok for this yarn, luckily for me.
If you want to knit this for yourself then the pattern is available for free on Knitty .

So if you have a shawl you must have a pin! This is my DIY pin made from a twig (part of my recycled garden offcuts) It came out well with a slight bend and I secured two beads with pins at the top. Well actually the pin came before the shawl, guess it was my motivation to keep at the lace work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.