Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crochet is in!

Well it seems that crochet is making a comeback in the fashion world..... Personally I don't see how it can go out of fashion.  I was flicking through the Summer catalogue to see the trends...... not that I go with the latest trend, I'm one of these people who buys what they need, so basically you can fit my wardrobe into a suitcase.

Anyway back to the crochet thing.... on the left is a crochet vest which is tagged at €34.... I'm not kidding, I won't pay that for it as I could make one for less.
So if you wanted to make a similar one Caron International has a free pattern on their site see picture on the right.

http://www.caron.com/projects/ss/ss_cno993_floral_cami.html

I might be busting into my stash yet and using that pattern as a basis for a project, the scalloped edge with a plain body.

I have to say I adore the crochet waistcoat in the catalogue so I will be seeking a similar pattern for that. By some miracle it may make the sale in the summer?! Yes I am hopeful......lol
No doubt when I finish the current projects on my needles, I'll do some trials with my crochet hook after a bit of research. I'm new to crochet so I have to read a bit and think about how to make it before I even think about starting.

I really have to sort out all my patterns so I can find stuff quicker.........when I have a spare 2-4 weeks maybe.........lol I'm glad it's all on discs because it would be one big paper mound otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.