Sunday, January 16, 2011

Roman Blinds


This had been on my "to do list" all last year and  I finally got around to doing it. Fabric, lining, wood, 2 screws and o rings from stash, bought nylon string and curtain eyes & hooks.
Instructions on how to make it are here

www.alternative-windows.com/roman-blind.htm

I stapled the blind to the wood, but the Velcro[Hook n Loop] is a fab idea if you need to wash it regularly.  I only used 3 pieces of doweling as that's all I had, but it worked ok and the blind is only 2/3 up. The arrow is pointing to a cup hook where the pull cord is secured.
I actually tied knots in 3 places for the different levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.