Monday, October 5, 2015

Doggie Knits

I'm a bit behind in posting some stuff, so better make a start on catching up. We got a new addition to the mad house in the form of a furry 4 legged little pooch. He's been taking up most of my time over the past year as he came from the pound and was about a year old with no training and no idea how to be a dog either. That's a whole other story.

I noticed that despite his lovely fluffy fur coat, he was feeling the cold last winter. So I thought I better knit up some sweaters this year just in case.  I picked up some cheap yarn in Dealz and chose a Drops pattern to try my luck at.  I've knotted some before for charity, but never knew how the fit was, or didn't like it.  For example the Biscuits & Bones pattern by patons, I didn't like the fold over neck.  I felt that this was just too much.  However it was a good pattern other than that.  I did some mods as you can see below.
Next up was Drops 102-42 Dog coat with traditional pattern again with that stupid fold over collar, which I omitted. I made the S size, but had to use the lengths for the XS to fit my little furball.  It was a good pattern and easy to follow and the fit was perfect.
My cousin was rather impressed and ordered an XS for her friends dog, which I made with a lovely navy glitter and cream.
Now that I was in full swing, I decided to make another glittery geansai for the festive season.  I chose the Drops Valentino  but found that the pattern wasn't as easy as the first one. I managed to adjust it, but it's a little big on the chest and I think I should have used a larger needle for the cast off under the belly.













If they had enough of that glitter yarn I would make one for myself too......lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.