Sunday, June 5, 2016

Pencil Sketches

I didn't realise how long it is since I posted anything here.  I've had a tough couple of years health wise and it's taken it's toll on me both physically and mentally.  Recently I've started to draw and dust off the paint brushes again (the good weather has lifted my spirits I guess) ........ that Rooster painting is STILL waiting to be finished off .. sigh.   With my absence it would appear that the spammers are trying to post on the blog, so I'm glad I've moderated the comments.

I'll share a couple of pencil drawings with you in the meantime, not sure if I put the Pirlo sketch up before, but here it is.
He's a soccer star that used to play for Juventus (Italy), for those of you who don't know.  Now he's playing for NY city.

The next one is of my wee dog Louie.  I really wanted a pet portrait of the little rascal, plus I have a lot of empty wall space in the new house.  So it's good to get pictures up and make more homely.

I was lucky enough to find the perfect frame for it too, which I picked up in my local Mr Price store.  I have to admit it's not easy drawing an all white dog.  But I think it was worth taking my time to do it.

2 comments:

  1. I love your white dog sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought it was about time to dust those cobwebs off my pencils!

      Delete

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.