Saturday, April 14, 2012

Winter Knit

Okay, I know we're supposed to be more into summer, but it's not quite here yet.  I do have a summer top on the crochet hook, it's a DIY project/pattern, i also have one on my knitting needles at the moment.
Back to the point, I'm not quite sure why I picked this but I probably liked the pattern.  It's knit in the round and I just used 5mm needle, The bottom part is quite misleading as I thought I was going to have the right size, but it turned out larger on the patterned top part than anticipated.  Still it'll be warm next winter and I can unravel my old oversized out of shape aran and make something new from it.

It's a lot of work and I made some changes by omitting the cuff and bottom sections of the original pattern which can be found Here

I never made the cowl either, I wanted the yarn for my current project which I had hoped to make in Chunky, but having never used it before didn't know the quantities and never got a reply from online suppliers to help me out.  I'll post photos of it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.