Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another Leg cosy

I don't know what some have against legwarmers, but I find them practical. I suppose it's just a matter of taste and not everyone can wear them. I vaguely remember having a pair back in the 80s sometime, the days before the internet, and fashion was dictated to you by local shops and if you were lucky Marshall Ward home shopping catalogue.  Anyway I had a little scrap of aran left and wondered what to do with it, oh how I really wanted to make long socks, however there wasn't enough yarn.  I barely manged to finish them as it was. I used the same drops pattern again, I'm just a cable-holic what can I say, these were to go over my leggins in my boots with the cables showing above the top of the boot like long socks.......just in time for the frosty spell!

I got some of the cotton yarn in Lidl today, I have the pattern(s) already, only hitch is one is in French the other in Portuguese and I speak neither, hopefully I'll figure it out from the crochet charts, of course I have no idea how to join motifs neatly either, yet another challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers the blog comments are moderated! So no spamming or linking is allowed. They will not be published and sent into the black hole of cyberspace!

To the genuine humans of the world, I appreciate your comments and suggestions.